jueves, 6 de diciembre de 2012

Sensual state of mind.

Hello there!

Long time no see, but the truth is, even if I am sorry to have been absent, I didn't want to post crap just to keep posting, you know? I've not been busier than normal, it's just that I've been a little down on inspiration and a good girl not buying polish... So whenever I had the time I just went for a plain manicure, most of the time featuring an already-posted polish. Hence the lack of posts. But I am back (for now), yay!

I have kept my habit to watch shitty programs off YouTube, and it's been the turn of "Hotter than my daughter" lately. It makes me laugh A LOT. But anyhow, true to myself I've also been quite autocritical. And my conclusion is that I've been hiding my body at work somehow. I dress lawyerly, but quite "average". Put simply: I have curves and they are barely noticeable in my "corporate outfit". But the truth is you can "show" some feminity without being vulgar at all, and even being classy. So I decided not to avoid tighter clothes anymore, and bought three dresses right away. Yup, you guessed right, I am a little straight-forward! 

I'll wear my first tighter dress tomorrow, and I wanted nails that matched my state of mind, so I went for some Dita Von Teese inspired look. Nails-wise it's classy-classic without being boring. [Note: my new outfit is nothing like Dita Von Teese, don't worry.] 
What do you think about these?
I used base coat and one coat of Anny Open my Heart (& reinforcement stickers).If I had to do it again I think I'd try to do the gaps smaller. But I'd need something else than reinforcement stickers for that, right? So I'll have to think about it or listen to your suggestions, if any :)
Let me know!

PS: Have you noticed I've changed the shape of my nails?  [Hurray if you did!] They're less squoval and more almond-like now. Yay or nay?

M.

20 comentarios:

  1. Gorgeous nails! Love the red/nude combination.
    You have me all curious as to what cute dresses you bought. :) But yay for not letting your job cramp your style. I'm lucky to work in a place where I can dress however I like, even if I want to wear shirts with holes in them, that's ok too. For me, dressing beautiful/sexy is definitely a perk-me-upper.

    ~ Yun

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Yun! ^^ I envy you for being able to wear whatever you want! I miss my jeans most of the time! The good ol' comfy jeans of my university days...
      And I agree with you, it brightens my mood to like my outfit, and I realized I'm losing my former style in that corporate clothing... That can't happen!

      Eliminar
  2. First - I have to admit I didn't realize you changed the shape of your nails. I knew that something was different but I had no idea what it was until you said it.
    Second - your nails look to die for!!! A super YAY!!! Wonderful! Amazing!! Classy!!!

    I love your mani too. I actually like the fact that you didn't use a different color for your half moons. I might have to try it too one day!
    As for making them smaller - I dunno, I like them the way they are really. I think they are very proportional to your entire nail size. But if you still want them smaller, I think you can just try sticking the reinforcement stickers lower on your nail. Not sure you would want anything else. The regular nails stickers are way too big. Much bigger then the reinforcement ones.

    And about the dresses and everything else - I would ask for pictures but I know it's not an option :-P
    so all I will say is - Way to go woman!!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Haha! Thanks Jinny Jin! I am quite happy about them too! I feared they would break more 'cuz theoretically squoval edges are stronger than oval/almond ones. BUT they're actually stronger than before, when the corners of my nails broke quite often! :D

      Yup the holes seemed big at the time, but now I like them best :p I might try that again sometime :)

      And as for the outfits, I could take some pics... We'll see!

      Eliminar
  3. Gorgeous! And loving the nail shape, so elegant.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. That's super hot! The manicure really suits the nail shape perfectly! And I'll say that I think that the gap looks great too. It's all well balanced, and I think smaller gaps would look a bit off? Maybe I'm wrong, but either way it just looks great the way it is in the pictures!

    I'm also intrigued and want to see pictures of the dresses, but I guess that won't happen?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! I am super thankful that you say so yourself, because I am so amazed and envious when I check your blog! Your nails are to die for, seriously.

      I might try to take some pics of the dresses... but I can't promise anything :p

      Eliminar
  5. This is sooo sexy! I love it :) I hope you felt great and showed off those curves with pride!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I did! :D I am wearing one of my new dresses and I am actually quite proud :) I truly think what makes a woman gorgeous is her confidence, so I'll try to get better at loving myself :)

      Eliminar
  6. gorgeous!! and i was gonna say, i love your new oval shape! i can never file mine just right so i just leave them squoval to make it easier for myself :P

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. ^^ You noticed! Actually I was a little worried my new shape was not correctly filed down, I even thought about going to a salon to get it done... It took me a whole movie to get them as I wanted, but now I think it was worth it :D
      But I agree, squovas is so easy to file!

      Eliminar
  7. Yay for the almond like shape... very vintage and you pulled off Dita Von Teese very well. The red shine is incredible, and the half moons are perfect. Well done indeed!!! I love it!

    I've been back to dresses too the last couple of years. I wore pants almost exclusively and dresses are really easy. Sometime I even wear my dresses over pants for a new look. I agree you can be sexy without being vulgar. BTW the red nails are sexy!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. That is one classy mani and now that I've seen your dresses they look so well with them!!
    Damn, I'm so jealous, I run around all day at work in smurf blue pajamas!! (scrubs)

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Great classic mani & I like your new nail shape!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Very pretty! I love how squishy and shiny Anny Open My Heart is! Your new nail shape looks great!

    ResponderEliminar

Hi there :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really value and appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed your walk through my blog, take care!